Object Repository is a collection of Test Objects and object properties with which UFT/QTP will be able to recognize the objects and perform the desired action on it. When a user records a test, the objects and their properties are captured by default. If later on the object property gets changed, UFT won’t be able to identify the test object and will through an error message at runtime.
In this tutorial, you will learn the following things:
Types of Object Repository
There are two Types of Object Repository in UFT
- Local Object Repository
- Shared Object Repository
Local Object Repository in UFT
Shared Object Repository in UFT
- Exporting local objects
- Using Object Repository Manager
Exporting Local Objects
Using object repository manager
Object Repository Manager window will open.
Associate a Shared Object Repository with an Action
Difference between Local and Shared Object Repository
The following are the major differences between the Local and Shared object repository.
|Local Object Repository
|Shared Object Repository
|It is by default available to each test.
|It has to be associated with the required action.
|It is available one for each action.
|It can be associated with multiple actions of multiple tests.
|Local Object Repository is editable in Object Repository.
|It is read-only by default. However, it can be edited using Object Repository Manager.
|It is saved with an extension .bdb
|It is saved with an extension .tsr
When to use Shared object repository
- It should be used when there are different scripts interacting with the same objects.
- Shared objects Repository is usually used in real-life automation projects where multiple people are working in automation script development and they have to interact with common test objects. If the property of an object is gets changed in the future it is updated at only one location that is the shared object repository and changes are reflected in each script.
- How to Open Multiple Tests in UFT
- Find a Matching Pattern in String Using Regular Expression in UFT
- An Insight on UFT Test Settings
- Read Excel Using ADODB Connection in UFT | VBA
- How To Add Checkpoints in UFT
- How To Add Page Checkpoint in UFT
- Examples of Reporter.ReportEvent in UFT
- Understanding Object Spy in UFT